Funny word "consumerism" in a society that complains of consumerism and its consequences. Yet it is the one that best defines the UFC Que Choisir Association celebrates its sixtieth anniversary this year. Everywhere in France through its local branches and 160,000 members, the association tireless advocate for consumers in their right acting as a lobby. The word does not move unduly Alain Bazot, Professor of Law and President of the structure that says in an article published this morning in Southwest France that "UFC writes itself amendment s" turnkey "for MPs targeted because they were known "interested, competent, and influential." This was the case for Lagarde Credit Act. Basically, says Alain Bazot without boasting, "political love us. We bring the expertise they do not have. They know what it weighs, and that we are neither pro-government nor the opposition. Our only angle is consumerism. "
In an editorial on the occasion of the International Day of consumers, Alain Bazot reminds missions of its association and "appropriateness of four basic consumer rights, set in 1962 by President Kennedy to the Congress of the United States: the right to safety, the right to information, the right to choose and the right to be heard. "Consumers, when JFK said, are the largest economic group, affecting and being affected by almost every public and private decisions economic. Yet they are the only important group whose views are often not heard. "Far from being exceeded, the formula is more relevant than ever. Indeed, because the consumer is now wrecked. The withdrawal of the state in its sovereign functions to help consumers is clear, whether the refusal to enact rules to enforce emphasizing self-regulation by companies or generalized mediation instead of public justice. Given this, it is important to live a real-power against consumerism, able to collect and refloat the rights of consumers. "
The association has become "anti-lobby lobbies" highlighting many problematic issues for consumers surcharging calls, termination fees internet operators, bank charges, credit and revolving- numerous surveys on food, consumer products ...
The methods used are conventional.
- Social networks with viral videos like Gerard Toufaux. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh36es or blog president of the association.
- Magazines with monthly UFC Que Choisir, 500,000 readers publish independent comparative tests and studies like this on food marketing products for children.
- Litigation recalling the need for class actions to the French, these legal proceedings may be conducted by a third party on behalf of several plaintiffs.
- Operations street marketing. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhmzpa
- Consumer representation in various bodies such as boards of hospitals, regional economic and social councils (CESR), the Debt Commissions ... or at commissions of inquiry by the Senate.
- Meetings with the press, as here on the occasion of - setting a direct and straightforward. It sometimes requires detailed answers from the companies in question. This is the case here with this video Akerys group.
The existence and agility of this association can not hide the desert kingdom's defense of the rights of consumers whose struggle often resembles that of the earthen pot against the iron pot of the industries most powerful means otherwise. Mobilizing public opinion through his journals and his stance, UFC Que Choisir shows that the issue of lobbies is that of a balance between power and power-cons that their very existence. Thereby also asked parliamentarians on what they intend to put in place for consumer voices are also heard that the firms.