Funny word "consumerism" in a society that complains about consumerism and its consequences. Yet it is the one that best defines the association UFC Que Choisir celebrating its sixtieth anniversary this year. Everywhere in France through its local branches and 160,000 members, the association tireless advocate for consumers in their right by acting as a lobby. The word does not move unduly Alain Bazot, Professor of Law and President of the structure that tells in an article published this morning in West France that "UFC writes itself amendment s" turnkey "for MPs targeted because we know the "interested, competent, and influential." This was the case for Lagarde Credit Act. Basically, says Alain Bazot without boasting, "political love us. We provide them with the expertise they have not. They know what it weighs, and that we are neither pro-government nor the opposition. Our only angle is consumerism. "
In an editorial on the occasion of the International Day of consumer Alain Bazot reminds missions of its association and the "relevance of the four basic consumer rights, set out in 1962 by President Kennedy to the Congress of the United States: the right to security, the right to information, the right to choose and the right to be heard. "Consumers, when JFK said, are the largest economic group that affects and is affected by almost every public and private decisions economic. Yet they are the only important group whose views are often not heard. "Far from being outdated, the formula is more relevant than ever. Indeed, because the consumer is now wrecked. The withdrawal of the state in its sovereign functions to help consumers is clear, whether the refusal to make rules, enforce them by focusing on self-regulation by companies or generalized mediation instead of public justice. Faced with this, it is important to live a real-against consumerist power, able to collect and refloat the rights of consumers. "
The association has become "anti-lobby lobby" highlighting many problematic issues for consumers: higher taxation calls, the termination charges of internet companies, bank charges, credit-revolving and numerous surveys on food, consumer products ...
The methods used are conventional.
- Social networking with viral videos like Gerard Toufaux. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh36es or blog president of the association.
- Magazines with the monthly UFC Que Choisir, 500,000 readers publish independent comparative tests and studies like this on food marketing products for children.
- Lawsuits recalling the need for class actions in French, these legal proceedings may be conducted by a third party on behalf of several plaintiffs.
- Operations street marketing. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhmzpa
- Consumer representation in various bodies such as boards of hospitals, regional ESCs (CESR), the Debt Commissions ... or at commissions of inquiry, here in the Senate.
- The meetings with the press, like here on the occasion of - setting a direct and straightforward. It sometimes requires detailed answers from the companies in question. This is the case here with this video Akerys group.
The existence and agility of this association can not hide the desert kingdom's defense of the rights of consumers whose struggle often resembles that of the earthen pot against the iron pot of industries to more powerful means otherwise. Mobilizing public opinion through his journals and his positions, UFC Que Choisir shows that the issue of lobbies is that of a balance of power and power-against that of their very existence. Thereby also asks parliamentarians on what they intend to put in place so that the voice of consumers are also heard that the firms.