(Shift:. 20/01/2010 A dispatch listing Henri Proglio waives his double dipping.
It does not affect salary from Veolia). By being offered the presidency of EDF, Henri Proglio makes a wish: do not lose money in the process. At the head of Veolia, he earned 1.6 million euros per year (2008 figure). At the head of EDF, he wants as much. Problem, the predecessor Proglio EDF , Pierre Gadonneix émargeait to just over 1.1 million euros per year. The remuneration of the President of the French energy is very symbolic. Number of employees are still employees and the company is the symbol of a certain success of French capitalism: a big dose of crossbred state of technical and commercial performance in a honorable almost serene social climate. So much for the table. This could change quickly. Veolia has to fix the remuneration of the Chairman of the Board, Henry Prolio I, 450.000 euros. EDF should act around 1, 6 million, even if it is not won for Proglio II.
Incidentally, Proglio will therefore earn 400,000 euros more (in the present state of things), an increase of 25%. One imagines that this will give ideas to EDF unions for their wage negotiations.
Compared to his other colleagues, this remuneration is in the standards of those of French leaders and the man has demonstrated his qualities as a manager in the past. It nevertheless raises a question:
- After saying the opposite, with the voice of Christine Lagarde to the Senate, "There is no question of cumulative earnings. Mr. Proglio not receive a ... " read this epic passage of Senate hearing (it is late), where even on the benches of the majority of critics are palpable, that the de facto government endorses the free ride.
- Where employees do not have the right to hold two jobs beyond a certain number of hours per week, we can finally be the leader of the two largest French companies without problem.
- Nothing is said about the potential conflicts of interest that may exist in the exercise of these functions and how to mediate if necessary.
- It raises the issue of executive compensation. Laurence Parisot says it will look at whether this compensation is consistent with the ethical code of the MEDEF.
- It is advised to apply it directly to Proglio IV, the Board of Directors of CNP Assurances and Chairman of the Compensation Committee, therefore responsible for evaluating executive pay, so including Edmond Alphandéry President CNP Assurances, former Economy Minister and former President of EDF, but also on the Board of Directors e Suez, Calyon and company.
- Or Proglio V, chairman of the governing board of HEC.
These multiple caps, which are not those of his twin brother, Rene, shows a Proglio overflowing with energy, and it takes the head of EDF. Nevertheless, the case, if it interests the public, comes at a bad time for EDF and the French nuclear industry in general.
Hope for Henry V that the text of the song The Strokes which illustrate the EDF advertising is not prescient.
"He want it easy, he want it relaxed
Said, "I can do a lot of things, but I can not do that" is
He wants a two-steps forward and three steps back, it will not be easy "
Indeed, in recent weeks:
- Delays are announced on the site of the Flamanville EPR built by EDF
- Delays are confirmed on the Areva Finnish construction of the EPR
- A big contract with Abu Dhabi, 20-30 billion was lost to South Korean, mainly because of a French offer and atomized in which EDF has he seems not the forcing to help Areva.
- The waste of French nuclear power plants owned by EDF is not given, since January 1, 2010, Areva, due to a problem of outsourcing contract, which in fact reflects a mistrust between the two companies. The leaders of these companies, Anne Lauvergeon and Proglio, will be received in an emergency by François Fillon to tune their violin s.
http://www.lemonde.fr/tiny/1293618/ # xtor = AL-32280258