(Maj. A despatch 20/01/2010 Henri Proglio ad waives his double remuneration.
It therefore does not receive any salary from Veolia). By being offered the presidency of EDF, Henri Proglio makes a wish: do not lose money in the process. At the head of Veolia, he earned 1.6 million euros a year (2008 figure). At the head of EDF, he wants at least as much. Problem, the predecessor of Henri Proglio at EDF , Pierre Gadonneix, émargeait to just over 1.1 million euros per year. The compensation of the President of the French energy company is very symbolic. Number of employees are still civil servants and the company is the symbol of a certain success of French capitalism: a big dose of state crossbred honorable technical and commercial performance in an almost calm social climate. That's the picture. This could change quickly. Veolia has set the remuneration of the Board of Directors Chairman, Henry Prolio I, to 450,000 euros. EDF should act around 1.6 million, even if it is not won, for Henri Proglio II.
Incidentally, Proglio is going to win 400,000 euros more (in the present state of things), an increase of 25%. We imagine that this will give ideas to EDF unions for their wage negotiations.
Compared to his other colleagues, this remuneration is in the standards from the French leaders and the man has demonstrated his managerial qualities in the past. It nevertheless poses question:
- After saying the opposite, by the voice of Christine Lagarde in the Senate, "There is no question of accumulated earnings. Mr Proglio will perceive only a ... " read this epic passage of Senate hearing (this is towards the end), where even on the benches of the majority, critics are palpable, now the Government endorses the fact favoritism.
- Where employees are not entitled to combine two jobs beyond a certain number of hours per week, we can finally be the leader of the two largest French companies with no problem.
- Nothing is said about the potential conflicts of interest that may exist in the exercise of these functions and how to arbitrate if necessary.
- It raises the question of compensation bosses. Laurence Parisot says it will look if the earnings are consistent with the ethical code of the MEDEF.
- It is advised to apply this directly to Henri Proglio IV, the member of the CNP Assurances Board of Directors and Chairman of the Compensation Committee, therefore, responsible for evaluating executive pay, so including Edmond Alphandéry President CNP Assurances, a former economy minister and former president of EDF, but also on the Board of Directors e Suez, Calyon and company.
- Or V Proglio, Chairman of establishment of HEC.
These multiple caps, which are not those of his twin brother, Rene, shows boundless energy of Henri Proglio, and it takes the head of EDF. Nevertheless, the case if it interests the public, comes at a bad time for EDF and the French nuclear industry in general.
Let's hope for Henry V that the text of the song The Strokes which illustrate the EDF advertisements is not prescient.
"He want it easy, he want it relaxed
Said, "I can do a lot of things, I can aim not Do That"
He wants a two-steps forward and three steps back, it Will not Be Easy "
Indeed, in recent weeks:
- Delays are advertised on the site of the Flamanville EPR built by EDF
- Delays are confirmed on the Finnish site of the Areva EPR
- A big contract with Abu Dhabi, 20-30 billion was lost to South Korean, mainly because of a French offer atomized and in which EDF has apparently not done it forcing to help Areva.
- Treatment of waste French nuclear power plants owned by EDF is no longer assigned since 1 January 2010, Areva, due to a problem of under-contract, which actually reflects a distrust between the two companies. The leaders of these companies, and Anne Lauvergeon Proglio, will be received urgently by François Fillon to tune their violin s.