(Maj. 20/01/2010 Henri Proglio A dispatch ad waives his double remuneration.
It therefore receive no salary from Veolia). Seeing themselves propose the Presidency of EDF, Henri Proglio makes a wish: not to lose money in the process. At the head of Veolia, he earned 1.6 million euros per year (figure 2008). At the head of EDF, he wants at least as much. Problem, the predecessor of Henri Proglio at EDF, Pierre Gadonneix, émargeait to just over 1.1 million euros annually. The remuneration of the chairman of the French energy company is very symbolic. Number of employees are still civil servants and now is a symbol of some success of French capitalism: a big dose of honorable state crossbred technical and commercial performance in an almost calm social climate. So much for the table. This could change quickly. Veolia has set the remuneration of the Board of Directors chairman, Henri Prolio I, 450.000 euros. EDF, should decide around 1.6 million, even if it is not won, for Henri Proglio II.
Incidentally, Henri Proglio will therefore earn 400,000 euros more (in the present state of things), an increase of 25%. We imagine that this will give ideas to EDF unions for their wage negotiations.
Compared to his other colleagues, this remuneration is in the standards of French leaders and those of the man has demonstrated his managerial qualities in the past. It nevertheless raises questions:
- After saying the opposite, by the voice of Christine Lagarde in the Senate, "There is no question of overlapping of remuneration. Mr Proglio will perceive only a ... "read this epic crossing of the hearing in the Senate (it is late), where even on the benches of the majority, critics are palpable, that the Government endorses this fact-pass law.
- Where employees do not have the right to combine two jobs beyond a certain number of hours per week, we can finally be the leader of the two largest French companies easily.
- Nothing is said about the potential conflicts of interest that may exist in the exercise of these functions and how to arbitrate if necessary.
- It raises the question of the remuneration of the bosses. Laurence Parisot said she will look at whether such compensation is consistent with the ethical code of the Medef.
- It is advised to apply this directly to Henri Proglio IV, the member of the CNP Assurances Board of Directors and Chairman of the Compensation Committee, therefore responsible for assessing the pay of executives, so including Edmond Alphandéry, President CNP Assurances, a former economy minister and former president of EDF, but also on the Board of Directors e Suez and Calyon company.
- Or V Henri Proglio, Chairman of establishment of HEC.
These multiple hats, which are not those of his twin brother, Rene, shows boundless energy of Henri Proglio, and it takes the head of EDF. However, this deal, if it interests the public, comes at a bad time for EDF and the French nuclear industry in general.
Hope for Henry V that the text of the song The Strokes that illustrate the EDF advertisements is not prescient.
"He want it easy, he want it relaxed
Said, "I can do a lot of things, I can aim not Do That"
He wants a two-steps forward and three steps back, it won't be easy "
Indeed, in recent weeks:
- Delays are advertised on the site of the Flamanville EPR built by EDF
- Delays are confirmed on the Finnish construction of the EPR from Areva
- A big contract with Abu Dhabi, 20-30 billion dollars was lost to South Korean, mainly because of a French offer atomized and in which EDF has apparently not done it forcing to help Areva.
- Treatment of Waste French nuclear plants owned by EDF is no longer given, since 1 January 2010, Areva, due to a problem of under-contract, which actually reflects a distrust between both companies. The leaders of these companies, and Anne Lauvergeon Proglio, will be received urgently by François Fillon to tune their violin s.